Want to make a difference with your time?
Come to BCAT’s inspiring home on Main Street and volunteer! We can use your help and would like to make you part of the BCAT team. We welcome volunteers on a regular basis—weekly or monthly, or on an on-call basis as your situation allows.
Here are a few examples of what we are looking for:
- Promotion: distribute materials and information to people calling with inquiries about BCAT programs
- Student Recruitment: assist in outreach opportunities through various channels
- Data Entry: help the development department, youth or adult programming areas
- General Desk Work: answer phones, greet students, tour the facility with visitors and other administrative tasks
- Event Volunteer: assist in BCAT benefits, student events, graduations and art shows
- Workforce Development Coach: work with adult students on resume preparation, interview skills, networking skills and professional development opportunities
- After School Support: assist during arrival and transition times, serve as a second adult in the room during Youth Arts programming
- Academic Support (Adults): provide academic support for individual or small groups of adult students working on study skills or specific areas such as Medical Terminology or Anatomy and Physiology
- Academic Support (Youth): provides academic support for high school students.
- Youth Field Trip Chaperone: serve as a chaperone as our youth explores area arts destinations and colleges
If you are interested in joining BCAT’s family of dedicated volunteers, we encourage you to complete a Volunteer Application, indicating the role(s) that align most with your interests and skills, and sign the Background Check Release form (required for all BCAT staff, volunteers and contractors).